Sunday, August 29, 2021

My Dilemma

 I found out this morning via some Facebook research that if this person, subject of last post, is truly a son that I never knew that: 1. He has in the past suffered from some type of debilitating event, such as possibly a stroke.  2. He has an ex wife and at least two daughters. 

 My initial feeling was that he is 56 years old.  He probably has no clue about me. It is unkown if he had a relation with his father.  I think he might have passed sometime in the 90s.  I know his mother had a difficult relationship with him in her marriage, or at least when I knew her she did.  So I felt I would just let it go. If by chance he finds out via Ancestry that there is this other close relation he never knew about, and contacts me, then well and good.  I’m ok with that.  

On the other hand, there are two grandchildren. Did they know the person they thought was a grandfather. Chances are good they didn’t. Would I like to know them?  I think I might.  

No comments: